The heart and the brain get all the press, but the skin is the biggest organ in your body and the most versatile. Without skin the heart and the brain would be exposed to all the toxins and bacteria in the air, leaving them broken down piles of jello. Not to mention we’d all look really weird if we didn’t have skin. Now, let’s dive into a few interesting tidbits everyone should know about their skin and, in some cases, why it’s important to the overall survival of the human race.
- Skin is the body’s largest organ. It protects all your insides from bacteria and environmental toxins. Skin also regulates body temperature. While your skin shows everyone else what’s on the outside, it does way more than look good!
- Skin weighs a lot, on average 15% of body weight. That Joe Dirt trench coat you’re carrying around needs hydration and protection to stay healthy.
- New moon, new skin. Every 28 days your skin is renewed, by shedding the old and adding the new. Great looking skin doesn’t happen overnight, just like the rest of your body change takes time. You wouldn’t expect to look like a bodybuilder after knocking out a few push ups, would you??
- 9 pounds of skin sheds off every year. With your skin renewing every 28 days, the old has to go and it adds up over time. You’re shedding weight every day and didn’t even know it...
- 50% of dust is dead skin. Next time you see that dust covered nightstand you may view it differently. That 9 pounds of dead skin has to go somewhere and the air in your house is the perfect spot.
Your skin is more than the first impression to everyone meet, it’s the glue that keeps your entire body holding together. Why not take care of your skin with great men's skincare products and keep it looking good in only 3 minutes a day?